About Rachel Ann Dine, LPC
Experienced, passionate, and dedicated to helping you
Hi! I’m Rachel Ann Dine, Licensed Professional Counselor and advocate of all things that empower women to feel healthy and balanced! I recognize how life can become very demanding and want to help you realize who you are and what you want out of life. After working in agency settings for just over 10 years, I am so happy to be here in Chesapeake providing counseling services to our community through my practice.
My goal is to help you realize your worth and empower you to not only FEEL mentally and physically healthy but LIVE a life that is authentic to you. Although I specialize in women’s mental health, I’ve been helping both women and men take charge of their lives for over a decade now and never tire of supporting people, just like you, in their therapeutic journey.
My passion for helping others began in 2005, when I began volunteering and working in the mental health field. Over the course of my career experiences, I’ve become specialized in counseling women, teens suffering from insecurities and depression, and couples seeking to strengthen their relationships.
Background and Professional Experiences
Originally from Pensacola, FL, I received my undergraduate Psychology/English degree from the University of West Florida and went immediately into their graduate program in Counseling Psychology. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida and a Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia.
I’ve had professional experience in agency settings to include:
- the residential inpatient psychiatric hospital setting-West Florida Community Care Center in Milton, FL
- acute stabilization unit-Baptist Behavioral Medicine in Pensacola, FL
- military and family life counseling-in two Virginia Beach Schools
- substance abuse treatment center-Medication Assisted Treatment Center in Pensacola, FL
- outpatient clinic-interned at the University of West Florida Counseling Center in Pensacola, FL
- crisis hotline-Lakeview Center in Pensacola, FL
- emergency department behavioral health support at Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters in Norfolk, VA
- and am a subject matter expert on Oppositional Defiant Disorder with experience writing course curriculum for hospital staff.
A Focus on YOU and your needs
Attending therapy and coaching sessions can be a vulnerable experience and the potential feelings of vulnerability are recognized from the moment that you meet me-your emotional safety is one of my top priorities.
If you don’t feel safe to share, how can we begin to start the process of healing from past hurts and make new, positive changes? I, myself, am a private person so I certainly understand that sharing and asking for help can be hard.
I’ve structured my entire therapeutic approach to be sensitive and supportive of your needs and the pace you want to open up. No pushy personality here-your experience should be unique to YOU. I sensitively meet everyone with where they are in their life journey.
Get Started Today
Please call me with any questions you may have! 757-739-6771 OR if you have already felt a connection and feel like we would be a great fit, online self-scheduling is available through clicking here.
Looking forward to meeting you and empowering you to renew your spirit and reconnect with who you are!
Rachel Ann Dine
For directions, please click here
Humanitas Counseling and Consulting, LLC
816 Greenbriar Circle, Suite 209
Chesapeake, VA 23320