Why are women and our struggles unique?
Women’s Individual Mental Health Counseling in Chesapeake, VA: Designed for You
Women’s Mental Health is multilayered and complex. Women are often the central unifying force of our families. However, in caring for everyone else, we can easily lose sight of ourselves, what we want from life, and our own mental health. When we take on the different roles of mother, career woman, sister, daughter, caretaker, it can cause you to lose sight of who you are and who you really want to be. When we lose sight of these important factors, it only aids in feeling depressed and anxious. I recognize this process and how it occurs, and specialize in helping women reconnect with themselves and renew a spirit that feels depleted and exhausted.
Take this brief self-assessment.
Women’s Issues Rachel Ann Dine, LPC is skilled in helping you work through
Take a look below to assess if any of these characteristics have occurred or are occurring in your life. I’ve become specialized in helping women, just like you, who have lost sight of who they are and as a result may be:
- having RELATIONSHIP STRUGGLES, either subconsciously choosing the wrong partner (someone who is emotionally unavailable, unfaithful, or abusive) or you yourself, engaging in an affair because of unhappiness
- wanting independence but find it difficult to not be codependent in your current relationships
- assuming the role of OVER ACHIEVER or extreme CAREGIVER which in turn causes you stress and feeling overwhelmed
- feeling GUILT over taking any time for yourself
- constantly feeling like you MUST make and keep others happy, even when it means putting your own needs to the side
- assuming the ROLE OF FAMILY MEDIATOR while growing up, where you felt as if you had to be the family referee, constantly hearing everyone’s grievances while remaining neutral so as not to upset anyone
- feeling OVERLY RESPONSIBLE for yourself growing up, almost as if you had to parent yourself
- are either NEW to counseling or have tried before without success due to feeling uninspired by your previous counselor or not connecting on a CORE level
Do any of these traits resonate with you? I can relate because in the past, I had to get honest with myself and realize that you can’t make everyone happy and taking care of yourself and setting boundaries is a MUST. When you realize these things, the experience is SO freeing and empowering!
A Focus on Empowering Women
Be empowered to be your authentic self
I want you to know that just because you have felt like you had to live a certain life role or have lost sight of who you are, does not mean it is too late to make changes and reconnect with yourself..
I’m here to help the open-minded woman who seeks understanding of self and has motivation to achieve clarity in life. To help the woman who desperately wants to reconnect with who she is and who she wants to be and desires to make important connections between past and present behaviors. I am here to help the woman who tries to make everyone else happy but over time, has lost sight of what SHE needs to feel happy and whole.
The woman that looks like she has it all together but knows deep down that she needs an outlet to just BE.
You will receive a treatment plan catered to you and YOUR needs from an expert in helping women feel better about themselves. Relax in my office with your favorite coffee or tea. Insurance is not accepted at Humanitas Counseling due to privacy concerns and limitations often imposed by managed care systems. Your confidentiality and the treatment you receive should be decided between your therapist and you! Read more here on Rachel Ann’s decision to be a self-pay practice: Rates and Rationale. Be nurtured and learn to nurture yourself.
Get started today!
Ready to schedule now? I’ve set up my practice so you can click the orange “Request Appointment” and go directly to my schedule. Choose a time that works for you. Have questions or need an appointment at a different time than you see available? Just call me. 757-739-6771. I’m here for you and cannot wait to help you feel empowered to live a life that feels authentic to YOU.
Humanitas Counseling and Consulting, LLC
816 Greenbrier Circle, Suite 209
Chesapeake, VA 23320